The latest news from the world of Didcot Plant.
Check regularly for the latest announcements of additions to our hire fleet.
Side view of the Hinowa TP1600 tracked forklift
We are excited to announce the addition of an Hinowa TP1600 Tracked Forklift. The TP1600 offers a versatile solution to many lifting and shifting problems, especially where space and access is limited.
The Hinowa TP1600 has adjustable tracks (from 1240mm to 1800mm), a maximum lifting capacity of 1600kg and a maximum lifting height of 1775mm.
- Engine: Honda 13hp electric start
- Fuel: Unleaded petrol
- Tank capacity: 6.5 litres
- Weight: 1330kg
- Length: 2199mm
- Width: 1240mm (tracks in), 1800mm (tracks out)
- Height: 1775mm (carriage lowered)
- Max Lift Capacity: 1600kg
- Max Lift Height: 1775mm
- Speed: 1.5kmph-2.2kmph
- Max Incline: 36%
Check out the TP1600 in our catalogue »
From April 1st the government’s rules on the use of rebated red diesel are changing. From this date red diesel can only be used in vehicles, vessels and machinery in certain industries and situations.
- For vehicles and machinery used in agriculture, horticulture, fish farming and forestry. This includes allowing vehicles used for agriculture to be used for cutting verges and hedges, snow clearance and gritting roads
- To propel passenger, freight or maintenance vehicles designed to run on rail tracks
- For heating and electricity generation in non-commercial premises – this includes the heating of homes and buildings such as places of worship, hospitals and townhalls; off-grid power generation; and non-propulsion uses on permanently-moored houseboats
- For maintaining community amateur sports clubs as well as golf courses (including activities such as ground maintenance, and the heating and lighting of clubhouses, changing rooms etc.)
- As fuel for all marine craft refuelling and operating in the UK (including fishing and water freight industries), except for propelling private pleasure craft in Northern Ireland
- For powering the machinery (including caravans) of travelling fairs and circuses*
In line with the increasing costs of doing business, we have today updated our Hire Catalogue, increasing the list price* of some 99 hire lines.
You can view our full Hire Catalogue here and if you like the mobile version you can save it as an app on your smart phone for easy access anywhere.
*Any agreed discount on your account is applied against our list prices.
With the first Timberwolf TW 160PH proving such a success we just had to buy another one.
The TW 160PH is a hydraulic feed towable 6” wood chipper, fitted with a powerful 22hp Honda petrol engine and twin hydraulic feed rollers to handle branches to a maximum diameter of 152mm (6”).
Although it’s built with professionals in mind, the TW 160PH is also small enough and user friendly enough for non-trade use.
We are asked on a fairly regular basis for a saw that can handle bigger tiles and increasingly tiles made of porcelain so in October we added the Rubi DCX-250 Expert tile saw to our range.
The DCX-250 is a professional tile saw designed for the intensive cutting of porcelain, ceramic and marble tiles with a maximum cutting length of 1250mm. It can cut a tile up to 60mm thickness on one pass or up to 90mm thickness on two passes.
Today we have taken delivery of two new Kubota KX030-4 3.0t mini excavators.
The Kubota KX030-4 offers power, performance and driver comfort in a compact excavator.
It features a powerful and well-balanced arm and bucket and is fitted with Kubota’s own engine, built with the power to maximise digging performance. The spacious, expansively glazed and well appointed cab, which Kubota claim to be the biggest in its class, gives the operator a comfortable and safe working environment.
The KX030’s designers have also given good thought to maintenance by fitting a fully opening access door and hood to allow for quick and easy access to all inspection and maintenance areas.
Check out the KX030-4 in our catalogue »
We are pleased to announce the arrival of a new Timberwolf TW 160PH 6″ petrol chipper, the first time Didcot Plant has ever run a chipper of this size.
The Timberwolf TW 160PH is a hydraulic feed towable 6” wood chipper. It is fitted with a powerful 22hp Honda petrol engine and twin hydraulic feed rollers to handle branches to a maximum diameter of 152mm (6”).
Newly arrived in July are three new Kubota mini excavators, a U17 and two K008’s. And with demand as high as ever they haven’t arrived a moment too soon.
A Kubota U17 and K008 arrive at Didcot Plant
The third mini excavator to arrive is another K008
The U17 is a zero tail swing 1.5t mini with adjustable tracks (from 990mm to 1240mm). Even smaller on the mini digger scale is the K008, weighing in at just under the tonne and with tracks adjustable from 700mm to 860mm.
Check out both mini excavators in the Didcot Plant hire catalogue:
Kubota K008 1.0 tonne »
Kubota U17 1.5 tonne »
Newly added to our fleet are two of Stephill’s SSD6000 Super Silent diesel generators.
The SSD6000 kicks out up to 4.8kW of power in either 110v or 230v (both 16amp and 32amp) and its 24 litre fuel tank gives a run time of up to 17 hours at 75% load. And at just 66dBA (at 7m distance) it is quiet enough to hold a conversation while stood next to.
Check out the Stephill SD6000 in the Didcot Plant hire catalogue »
This year we have experienced huge demand for compactor plates, especially the 450mm light/medium duty size, so we’ve purchased two more Bomag 10/35’s for our hire fleet.
The Bomag 10/35 is an excellent general purpose plate, suitable for many compaction requirements, and perfect for patio installations. It is relatively easy to transport and with the handle folded forward will go into most hatchbacks and estate cars.
Check out pricing and the full spec in our catalogue »